Date(s) - January 14, 2020 - January 15, 2020
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Pyramid Model for Preschool Classrooms
The SEFEL Pyramid Model is a framework for addressing the social emotional needs of all children. It is a tiered public health framework that address the needs of all children through universal promotion of relationships and supportive environments, targeted prevention through social emotional supports for children at risk of developing behavioral challenges, and intensive intervention for the small percentage of children that have persistent challenging behavior, all supported by an effective workforce that uses evidence based practices to support young children’s health social emotional development.
The objectives for the three days:
- Promoting Children’s Success: Building Relationships and Creating Supportive Environments
- Social-Emotional Teaching Strategies
- Individualized Intensive Interventions: Determining the Meaning of Challenging Behavior
- Individualized Intensive Interventions: Developing a Behavior Support Plan
- Leadership Strategies for Supporting Children’s Social and Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior
Preschool Module 1
Mod 1 focuses on Tier 1 of the Pyramid Model, which looks at adult activities to promote the social emotional wellbeing of all children. These include, building nurturing and responsive relationships with children and families and creating high quality supportive environments.
January 14, 2020
January 15. 2020
6:30 – 9:30 pm
YOU MUST ATTEND BOTH PARTS TO RECEIVE CORE OF KNOWLEDGE HOURS
Core of Knowledge Area: Child Development (6 hours)
*Please Bring a Lunch
SIGN UP FOR MODULE 2 & MODULE 3 BY CLICKING THE LINKS BELOW
This event is fully booked.