Special Needs Technical Assistance and Training
Project ACT has been awarded a generous grant from the Maryland State Department of Education to offer child care providers trainings in the area of special needs. As part of this grant, if you provide care for children ages birth through 3 years old, you have the ability to receive training and technical assistance. Project ACT is devoted to child care providers and the need to create more inclusive practice in the infant and toddler environment.
Project ACT trainers can assist in the following areas:
- Meeting the special needs of children, including behavioral and developmental challenges
- Promoting inclusive practices
- Implementing developmental screenings for infants and toddlers, including scoring and reading the results
- Designing supportive activities for children
- Making referrals for additional screening
- Mentoring support to assist with medical challenges and/or developmental delays/disabilities.
If you are interested in hosting a training under the special needs and technical assistance grant in your center or program, please contact us at
410-828-7700 ext. 1274
To view Special Needs Training & Technical Assistance we have available at our site. Please click below. These trainings are designed for providers who have infants and toddlers in their care. Providers are required to participate in two follow up technical assistance sessions for 2 additional core of knowledge hours in professionalism.